The university lays great emphasis on discipline and expects students to abide by the rules on and of the university campus. The director, HOD’s along with teachers of different departments are responsible for ensuring a decent disciplined and decorous environment in the campus.(As per AICTE norms)
Actions are to be taken against students for indulging and abetting in ragging in WIT imparting technical education:-
1. The students who are found to be indulged in ragging should be debased from the university.
2. Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the anti-ragging committee of the institution, the possible punishment for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level will be any one or any combination of the following:-
- Cancellation of Admission
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other
- Debassing from representing the institution in any regional/ national or international meet, tournament, youth festival etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Fine Rs-25,000/-
- Collective Punishment: when the person committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not indentified the institution will resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the political raggers.