The Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun was established on 27th January 2005 by Govt. of Uttarakhand through the Uttarakhand Technical University Act 2005. The Uttarakhand Technical University campus is situated at NH-72 Suddhowala, Dehradun. Dehradun is the State capital of Uttarakhand well connected through Rail, Road and Air transport.
The University has been established in an area of 8.372 hectare and it is the only affiliating University of the state for technical institutions. There are 8 Constituent and 132 affiliated colleges with 33,000 students in various courses mentioned below:
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech): 720
- Professional Courses
The University imparts education in Graduate, Post Graduate and Doctorate programmes in various disciplines like Management, Engineering, Hotel Management, Computer Application, Pharmacy etc.
The University is serving the technical education through its progress monitored each semester, part time Ph.D programme especially designed for the teachers and scientists by giving them opportunity to explore the untouched area of the research. The University in its own campus running M.Tech and M.Pharma Programme in various disciplines. Apart from this University is having 8 Constituent Colleges. Spreading Technical Education in the remote underprivileged area of Uttarakhand hills.
- THDC-Institute of Hydropower Engineering and Technology, New Tehri
- Seemant Institute of Technology, Pithoragarh
- Women Institute of Technology, Dehradun
- Institute of Technology, Gopeshwar
- State Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology & Applied, New Tehri.
- Institute of Technology Tanakpur
- Institute of Technology, Uttarkashi (under construction)
- Institute of Technology, Salt, Almora (proposed)